This blog will act as a learning log for the "Art of Photography" course which I'm studying. This course is the introductory module for the Open College of the Arts (OCA), Photography Degree course.

Monday 31 December 2012

Starting Part 3

So, starting Part 3 now. Only a few exercises in this part - they look fairly simple and straight forward, although it may be quite difficult to find some of the subjects which contain the right colour combinations.

However, I think the Assignment will be particularly difficult and will need me to find a number of different subject types - I think I might force myself do some portraits for this one, could do something where people are wearing certain clothes against certain backgrounds. Some still life might also be interesting, but I'd like to do something which is found and unposed. Of course, I'm sure I'll still be able to take some shots of the street.

A key challenge for me overall with this part is that Colour doesn't overly interest me in and of itself - certainly not like Design principles.Hopefully by learning more about colour theory and how this can be used, it will become more interesting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment