This blog will act as a learning log for the "Art of Photography" course which I'm studying. This course is the introductory module for the Open College of the Arts (OCA), Photography Degree course.

Sunday 23 December 2012

Assignment 2 - Reflections

As I did with the first Assignment I wanted to write down my reflections now that I've completed the submission.

As last time, I'm reasonably happy with the photographs I've taken. Despite some of my initial concerns that I lacked any real structure to the way I approached the shoot, I think the photographs work as a set but equally are quite diverse.

Demonstration of Technical and Visual Skills
I think I've successfully displayed applications of all the design principals. And I've donee so without shooting the obvious. I think a number of my shots demonstrate more than one principal but are "good" photographs rather than just being demonstrations of a principal.

And I don't think any of my shots have the technical shortcomings that were present in my first Assignment. I also refrained from over processing in Lightroom which is a mistake I made last time.

I guess my only shortcoming here was that display any movement in any of my photographs - they're predominantly quite flat, but maybe that was a direct result of my chosen subject matter.

Quality of outcome
I think I've followed the presentation structure recommended by my tutor with consistency and clarity. I've also added Sketches to help explain my thinking behind each composition (although I'm not sure that even with some of the sketches my thinking is overly clear - I'll see if I get any feedback on this). So fairly comfortable with this.

Demonstration of Creativity
I don't think I've taken any photographs which show a massive amount of creativity or originality, but I think there is some ingenuity and imagination in there. As above, I think there is diversity but also consistency - which I'm quite pleased with.

Context
Again, I think my write-up is fairly complete as is my blog. So reasonably comfortable with this.

So, I'm looking forward to getting my feedback and cracking on with the rest of the course!

No comments:

Post a Comment