This blog will act as a learning log for the "Art of Photography" course which I'm studying. This course is the introductory module for the Open College of the Arts (OCA), Photography Degree course.

Wednesday 15 January 2014

Luca Zanier

The BJP December 2013 issue focuses on their favourite people and projects of 2013. One of my preferred ones was Luca Zanier's "Corridor's of Power". The series consists of more than 30 photographs of the interiors of buildings of significant international political importance - the places where important political decisions are made.

The pictures are precisely composed and grand in scale, I'm guessing the pictures are taken on a large format camera. It reminds me of the work of Candida Hofer (particularly her work in Libraries), and other exponents from the Dusseldorf School. It's the graphical nature of the work which intrigues me, along with the sense of scale which is somehow difficult to sizein real terms. The pictures are also vibrant in terms of colour and have a polished sheen to them which is quite futuristic in tone - they look a bit like the control rooms of Bond villains.

UN General Assembly I New York 2008

UN Room XXIV I Geneva 2013

FIFA I Executive Committee Zurich 2013

CGT General Labour Confederation I Paris 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment