This blog will act as a learning log for the "Art of Photography" course which I'm studying. This course is the introductory module for the Open College of the Arts (OCA), Photography Degree course.

Wednesday 15 January 2014

David Bradford - Drive by Shootings

I bought a book in a great second hand book shop while I was in New York. I think I'd heard of the photographer before, but I'm not sure - David Bradford works as a New York Taxi Driver, but intertwines this with being a photographer. He photographs from his car as he's driving round New York (hand held, without looking through the viewfinder), this provides an interesting take on Street Photography, particularly as parts of the car are often included in the images. The use of frames within frames reminds me of Lee Friedlander's work - particularly the series of photographs taken from a car,.....

However, it's the combination of working life and taking photographs that I also find inspirational, the act of finding the aesthetic and poetic in the every day and capturing this as he sees it - not seeing the act of photography as separate to the act of living life.

AILINE--2

AILINE-27









AILINE--10

No comments:

Post a Comment