This blog will act as a learning log for the "Art of Photography" course which I'm studying. This course is the introductory module for the Open College of the Arts (OCA), Photography Degree course.

Sunday 2 June 2013

Back from the break....

So it's been over 4 months since I really did anything for my degree or any kind of photography really. This just kind of happened unintentionally when I got caught up in my other creative hobby (making music - www.soundcloud.com/seb_7), and ended up wanting to spend all my spare time doing that rather than photography. I think the trigger back to photography came from a recent holiday to New York (there will be several blog entries on that coming up), but also simply from the fact that I tend to spend a few months a year on my music (typically spring for some reason) and then tire of it, only to return to it again the following year. Odd. Anyway, now that the drive to create music has subsided there is more space to get back into my photography (if I'm honest, music is my real passion, photography is more of a cerebral activity which involves less personal expression).

I decided not to force myself back onto the course but instead to just wait until I wanted to return to it.

I think one of the things that gave me the confidence to take the break was reading an article on the OCA site about a student who had taken 2 years to do their first Assignment submission. Kind of made me think that I should relax a bit and enjoy things a bit more.

Anyway, I'm going to write up a number of entries to cover my time in New York and then I need to pick up where I left off with Assignment 3. I aim to submit it in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment