This blog will act as a learning log for the "Art of Photography" course which I'm studying. This course is the introductory module for the Open College of the Arts (OCA), Photography Degree course.

Saturday 17 November 2012

Bob O'Connor

Again, can't remember where I came across Bob O'Connor, but a lot of him images have the design qualities that I'm looking out for (http://www.boboconnor.net/).

I've picked out some of my favourites below.

Diagonals which almost form 2 triangles. And the vertical stripes create a nice rhythm along the lines.



The diagonals of the lights pull you into the shot, the triangles under kind of spread you across the pattern created by the chairs.



This next one is all about the curves.



The hats here create multiple points which are actually creating an implied triangle which leads the eye along their route.



This is one of those shots which made me laugh, but I've not got a clue why! It has a great precision to it. I won't point out the obvious, horizontal line, triangle and curve.....



The pattern of the boxes is broken by the point of the man.



The dolphins provide some subtle curves, but also a triangle. The 2 collections of chairs have a circular as well as triangular nature. I think the shot is also helped by the vertical bar - without it the top and bottom half may not cohere very well and the shot may look a bit too simple(?). Of course the photographer couldn't really avoid it anyway....




No comments:

Post a Comment